8 Sept 2019 | Daily current affiars
1. Indian Ambassador to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri inaugurates new building of Koteshwor Multiple Campus in Kathmandu. The new infrastructure is constructed with the Government of India’s grant assistance of 45.10 million Nepali rupees.
2. 2- Committee of Administrators (CoA) appoints Supervisory Committee to monitor Bihar Cricket Association & conduct elections.
3. President Ramnath Kovind will embark on a three-nation (Iceland, Switzerland and Slovenia ) tour starting from 9 september 2019.
4. Union Minister of Environment, Forest and climate change Prakash Javdekar inaugurated the new building of Wildlife Institute of India in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. He also attended AGM of the institute. Mr. Javdekar will also address the 5th convocation of Forest Research Institute.
5. PM Modi inaugurates first metro coach manufactured by Bharat Earth Movers in Mumbai. Prime Minister laid the foundation stones for three Metro corridors-Gaimukh-Shivaji Chowk; Wadala-CST and Kalyan-Taloja worth over 19,000 crore rupees. He also performed Bhoomi poojan of the 32-storey Metro Bhavan, which will serve as the integrated operations and control centre for all the proposed 14 metro lines in and around Mumbai. He also inaugurated the first metro coach manufactured by the state-run Bharat Earth Movers in flat 75 days.
6. Delhi, Mumbai and Cochin are among the top five international cities that contributed to the highest share of traffic through the Abu Dhabi airport during the summer period.
7. President Ram Nath Kovind presented Awards for outstanding contribution to the journey of Swachh Bharat Mission in various categories during the Swachhata Mahotsava in New Delhi. Vaishno Devi Shrine Board in Jammu and Kashmir received the Best Swachh Iconic Place award. The Shrine was selected on the basis of the overall improvement in sanitation. Ministry of Railways was given Swachh Award in Swachhta Action Plan category.
8.Union Minister for Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat presented the first copy of the book – Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) Communication Strategies for Behavioural Change at Scale to the President on the occasion of award distribution of Swachh Bharat Mission.