Daily Current Affairs | 10/09/2019
1- A three-day-long International conference ANGAN for Energy Efficiency in Building Sector is being organized by Bureau of Energy Efficiency in New Delhi. Indo-German Technical Co-operation is also partnering in the event. Experts and policymakers from sixteen countries are participating in this event to discuss various alternative options and technologies in the field of design and construction of energy-efficient commercial as well as residential buildings
2. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India have signed a $200 million loan to upgrade rural roads to all-weather standards in 34 districts of Maharashtra State to improve road safety and better connect rural areas with markets and services
3. The Union Minister for Communications, Electronics & IT and Law & Justice Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad announced the rollout of Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AePS) Services by India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), giving a strong boost to its efforts in expanding access to financial services for millions of unbanked and underbanked customers.
4. External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has visited an innovation exhibition in Singapore in which around 60 startups from India are participating. Mr. Jaishankar was accompanied by his Singaporean counterpart Vivian Balakrishnan to the exhibition. During his visit, Mr. Jaishankar will co-chair the 6th Meeting of Joint Ministerial Committee (JMC) with his counterpart Vivian Balakrishnan.
5. The 24th World Energy Congress will commence in Abu Dhabi under the patronage of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates from 09th September 2019. The four-day World Energy Congress aims to bring together international energy stakeholders, including governments, private and state corporations, academia and media.
6. State-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) has put up for sale 11 non-performing assets (NPA) to recover dues of more than 1,234 crore rupees. The lender has invited bids from asset reconstruction companies non-banking financial companies, banks, financial institutions for 11 NPA accounts.
7. The eighth Ladakh Marathon was organized in Leh. It has four categories including the seven-kilometre long run for fun. In Ladakh Marathon, more than 6 thousand runners are participating in four different categories. It will include players from 25 countries.
8. Recipients of Visitor’s Awards 2019 have been announced September 09, 2019) by the President’s Secretariat. This year Visitor’s Awards will be presented for Research in – Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences; Physical Sciences; and Biological Sciences – and for Technology Development.
9. Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways Piyush Goyal participated in 7th RCEP Ministerial Meeting held in Bangkok, Thailand on 8th September 2019.The Meeting was chaired by Jurin Laksanawisit, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Commerce of Thailand
10. Twin Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh will have Common High Court. 108 Central Laws would be applicable for the two UTs while 164 state laws would be repealed and 166 state laws will continue to be applicable.