Daily Current Affairs | 13 -09-2019
1. UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has bestowed the First Class Order of Zayed II award to the Ambassador, Navdeep Singh Suri.
2. With a vision to have a clean environment, the Himachal Pradesh agency for renewable energy, Himurja has announced its new program that seeks to deploy 28 MW solar energy projects in the state. The state has invited proposals from local entrepreneurs for setting up of the ground-mounted solar power projects with capacities ranging from 250 kW to 500 kW. The projects can be set up on private land owned by the applicant or on leased land.
3. Building up political, economic union, President Ram Nath Kovind in Iceland sign two MOUs figuring India’s core concernsIndia and Iceland signed agreements and MOUs on fisheries collaboration, cultural cooperation and visa waiver for holders of diplomatic and official passport.
4. Smriti Sthal’, Parrikar memorial foundation stone to be laid on his first birth anniversary by December 13.
5. Armies of India and the US have begun a two-week long mega military exercise in Washington, seeking to boost defence cooperation between the two countries. The joint military exercise, Yudh Abhyas 2019, started on September 5 at the Joint Base Lewis McChord.
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday launched a pension scheme for farmers from Jharkhand. Under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana’, farmers between 18 and 40 years of age will get Rs 3,000 monthly pension after reaching 60 years.
7. India’s superfast cyclist Ronaldo Singh won two consecutive gold medals on the inaugural day of the Track Asia Cup being held at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi. The very first day of the event proved to be prestigious for India as India won a total 12 medals including 4 Gold, 4 Silver and 4 Bronze. Ronaldo created an Asian record by clocking a time of 10.065 seconds against the previous record of 10.149s.
8. IRCTC will provide free rail travel insurance of Rs 25 lakh each for passengers on board Delhi-Lucknow Tejas.
9. The Sports Authority of India (SAI) Mission Olympic Cell has included 10 boxers in the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.